Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in sponsoring us.
Archive for July, 2012
A few stats to give you an idea of the scale of this year’s Tour de France and its media following:
• 3460 km of racing
• 39 different start/finish town stages
• broadcast in 186 countries
• 450 journalists
• 121 TV stations covering the event, of which 60 do so live, with 260 cameramen working on motorcycles, in helicopters and at the finish line.
• 72 radio stations
• 350 authorised newspapers and photo agencies with 240 photographers
• 2400 vehicles on course (organisation, media, publicity caravan, etc.)
• 4000 support crew
An animated presentation of the above picture at 1’50″ onwards in this video.
An interesting read HERE from Cycling Tips.
In two days of epic riding of 300km planned to celebrate Le Tour 2012, three riders from Colossi Club crossed border and rode deep into Heyuan, China. When three gweilos, in which only one speaks some Mandarin, are riding on bikes to rural parts of China, fun things happen. Ed Cluer depicts good lessons of Mandarin how to distinguish between “panda” and “chest hair”, and learning English sign of using less toilet paper in a new and untold expression.
Whole story HERE by Ed Cluer.